Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthday Trip

so today we get off school early, due to the funeral of this guy that committed suicide across the river...
sad concept. but anyway.
i plan on taking advantage of this opportunity, and taking my brother Lyle in to bethel by kayak to see his girlfriend for his birthday.
i know. great sister, huh? lol. Especially since I hate kayaking. but it's really the only option, considering that my dad has been really stingy with the boat lately, and so i've got to spend about two hours laboring against the mighty kuskokwim, instead of taking twenty minutes to drive up in my big, comfy motorboat.
Sister's gotta do what a sister's gotta do, right?
lol i guess that i should confess now that my brother isn't the only reason I'm spending two hours clueless in a kayak to paddle 13 miles upriver. I'm already bored in Oscarville, and I've only been home for four days. crazy concept. I love the fact that my brother's birthday came up as an opportunity for an excuse to leave :).
Best part is, I get to drive dad's car once we get there.
}:)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is really nice of you faith maybe i will do that with my brother when he gets a girlfriend.lol

Why Me!! said...

Nice one, what a good sister you are. I wouldn't want to go Bethel by Kayak though because of the what you call when we went Napaskiak.

tumaralria said...

Tua-i-ggua Alaungavet. Tuaten aulukciqan, tua-llu elliin ikayurrlainarciqaaten.
:)
Tumaralria

movie