Monday, April 7, 2008

Northern Men with Southern Manners

I bumped into a really cute guy the other day. Not cute physically, but cute personality-wise.

I was helping one of our renters move out because the guys that were supposed to help her hadn't shown up yet, and we just got back to her house after moving a whole truck load to the new one, when we saw this subaru parked right in front of her driveway with five high school guys and an old guy trying to fix the back door.

I couldnt help smiling to myself, and I couldnt help chuckling when one of them kept looking back at me. Cute.

So, here I am smiling, chuckling actually, just finding the concept that it takes six guys to fix a door amusing and theres that guy, not that tall, not that lean, not my type, keeps glancing back at me.

I'm reminded that even in camo snowpants, mussed up hair and a baggy sweatshirt that
even I can remain attractive. And as I'm helping Jan back up her truck into the driveway, this guy comes out of the house lugging one end of a couch to put in the Subaru:

"Excuse me, ma'am,"

That's what he said, with total confidence. "Excuse me ma'am," is something that he's obviously used to saying.

Cute. That's all I can think of, is, "How cute."

and then I realize.. He called me ma'am.. and I'm wearing camo snowpants with a baggy sweatshirt

wow.
just.
wow.

I wish all guys could treat a girl like that. How great would that be. "Excuse me, ma'am." How much does that say about a guy? As opposed to just, "Scuse me," or nothing at all. Wow.

So I decided today, that I'm not gonna make it a must or anything, but any guy willing to call me ma'am, and act like they used to a million gabillion years ago, when guys actually had to "swoon" chicks, has already earned a pretty darn good page in my book.
 
[=

No comments:

movie